Birthdays

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Birthdays

Postby fran_urq » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 am

I am having trouble putting in birthdays. It defaults back each entry & is taking too long to do.
fran_urq

Re: Birthdays

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 am

Hi there,
Your device comes with an internal Birthday calendar which is populated from your contacts list. This is the preferred way of adding birthdays, by updating your contacts and adding a birthday to them.

If you have a seperate calendar and you want to add birthdays to that instead, that's fine. Please tell me what you mean by defaults back each entry?
When you go into Add Event it will use your default calendar (Settings app, Mail Contacts Calendars, Calendars section and Default Calendar). However, myCal PRO has the option to display upto 3 of your most recent calendars, they are listed for you under the selected calendar. If you don't see any recent calendars go into Settings in myCal PRO and set Show recent calendars to 1, 2 or 3.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby fran_urq » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

I have just purchased this iPad & it isn't a phone so it has no contacts. I want to manually put in birthdays, anniversaries of deaths/marriages etc.
By default I mean that it returns to a time, not all day, work & other settings each time I am trying to put in all my birthdays, anniversaries. It makes it too slow to do. It takes too long.
fran_urq

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi again,
I see how you are using the app and thats fine. However, to set an All Day event is 1 tap, and to set the calendar is 1 tap. So if you are adding many all day events thats 2 taps (as long as you are using the recent calendar list as I mentioned previously).

You could improve this by changing the default calendar to what you want to add all these events to. To do this:
Go into the Settings app on your iPad
Go into Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Scroll down to the Calendars section, you will see an option for Default Calendar. Set this to the calendar you want to be the default every time you want to add an event

Hope that helps.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]