Move data from free to pro

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Move data from free to pro

Postby Jhayslip » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm

I downloaded free version, loaded it with events, then purchased pro version.

Data is not in pro version even though on same device.

Can the calendar be from free be opened in pro? Need to so that I can print and use other features.
Jhayslip

Re: Move data from free to pro

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 am

Hi there!
myCal PRO and myCal FREE access the same internal device calendar. So if you enter events in the standard iPhone/iPad calendar app, they will appear in myCal PRO and myCal FREE as well.

If you are not seeing any events in myCal PRO, I'm going to presume you accidently said no to the question asked by iOS when you installed myCal PRO. Since iOS 6 all apps that access your contacts or calendars have to ask for permission from the user to access those options.

This is easy to change though. Please do the following:
  • Go into the Settings application (not the Settings option in myCal PRO)
  • Go into Privacy, then Calendars
  • Set myCal to ON
  • Then go back and go into Privacy, then Contacts
  • Set myCal to ON

myCal PRO has extra functionality around contacts. As well as being able to display the birthday age, it will also display any additional dates assigned to a contact as annually repeating events. So for me I add dates to my own Contact record for things like insurance policy renewals. Or to friends Contact records for wedding dates, or their children's birthdays and so forth.

Let me know how you get on! Oh and thank you for upgrading to myCal PRO! It is very much appreciated.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]