Virus [RESOLVED: Avast removed false positive]

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Virus [RESOLVED: Avast removed false positive]

Postby Halawakee » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 am

I'm hoping it is just Avast , but when I try to update to v1.8.5 via iTunes, Avast blocks because of a virus WIN32:Evo-gen. It seems to think I'm downloading "

I can update via iDevice, but not via iTunes unless I disable my virus program Avast

Not looking for technical support just wondering if anyone else is having this issue that is not using Aavst but does have an anti virus program running on Windows.
Halawakee

Re: Virus

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am

That definitely has to be due to a false positive, I doubt Apple would allow iTunes to carry any binaries that have a virus.
hen I submit a new version to Apple, the upload goes through an Apple application that performs the upload. Apple servers then compress the upload and prepares it for review and then eventual download for my users.

Also to note, all development of the myCal products is performed on Mac computers, not a single Windows PC in sight here. :)

It might be worth me contacting Avast about this false positive, thank you for the heads up!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Re: Virus

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

There is more information in the following thread:

http://johnhair.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=322

Long story short, the false positive is being resolved by Avast in their next VPS update, hopefully within the next few hours.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Re: Virus [RESOLVED: Avast removed false positive]

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 am

I have been told that Avast have now resolved this with the latest virus definitions, the false positive shouldn't happen anymore.
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]