gmail calendars

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

gmail calendars

Postby Christian » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi there!
I'm comparing myCal to Jorte, an other app I'm working with for more then 2 years as used before an Android device. There is something I can not achieve : define the gmail / google calendar. But not mine, only those I was authorized by other people to connect to.
I can do this with Jorte. Does myCal offer this connection to these "special" calendars ?
Christian

Re: gmail calendars

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi Christian!
myCal will 'see' any calendar that you have synced with your iDevice via the Settings, Mail Contacts Calendars, Accounts options. It does not however sync directly with GMail.
So in my personal device I have iCloud, GMail and Exchange configured, and it all works very nicely. :)

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Lella » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:43 am

My icloud on my device is synced with my live account. I can't seem to add my gmail account to icloud. I need to access my calendar from a pc as I am worried a whole day spent imputing my calender data on the app will be lost! ( Busy student, nurse and mum)..Lella
Lella

Postby Christian » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi John.
Maybe I was not explicit enough.
No problem with my own gmail calendars. It works fine as I can display them like the Outlook one in myCal. But it does'nt work with the other ones, those defined in google as a "shared calendar". They do not appear in myCal, although they are in the iPhone Calendar and in Jorte. I can see them without defining them in Settings, Mail Contacts Calendars, Accounts options, but not in myCal. Anyway, I cannot define them in the Settings.
Does the "shared calendar" have a special status explaining he is not synced while my own calendars are ? It would be fine if you had a explanation... and a solution

For me, it's the point that will decide me to choose one or the other calendar management solution.
MyCal is very complete, has a nice interface and you, John, are not far away from the keyboard ;) Thanx for all this !
Christian

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am

My question needs more precise explanation.
In fact, I only can manage my own gmail calendars in myCal. I cannot see, and therefor manage, the other ones, thoses that I was authorized in gmail by other persons to display them.
Although these other calendars don't appear in the iPhone Settings, I can use them on the Calendar app and on my other calendar manager.
If you could solve or give me the solution to displat and to use them in myCal, it would be fantastic. That's the last point that could decide me to adopt definitly myCal!
Christian

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Ah I see!
So the other calendars are already visible on your phone in the default calendar app. That's good news, it shouldn't be difficult for us to see what is missing.

Can you try something for me:
In the toolbar tap the Calendar Filter icon
Ensure that 'All Calendars' is ticked
If that doesn't help can you see the other gmail calendars listed in the filter?

Lastly, can you tap the Info icon in the toolbar, then tap 'Email log data to support' and I will take a look.

Cheers
John

PS sorry for the late reply, currently on my hols :) but just got wifi access
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:42 pm

No problem with your "late" reply, the matter is to find out where these calendars are hidden :?:
When I tick "All calendars", it doesn't change anything. It is not surprising because I cannot see the "hidden calendars" in the list.
Sorry for my messages... :oops:
Have nice holidays!
Christian

Postby HairyJohn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Christian,
Haven't seen the log email from you, did you send it with the same email address you use here?
Can you let me know the name of the hidden gmail calendars as well.

Thanks!
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]