Not Getting Notifications

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Not Getting Notifications

Postby PCMedic67 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:54 pm

I have enabled all notifications for myCalPRO but whenever and event fires I don't get any notification in the lock screen or out side of the lock screen. Yet calendar notifications for other calendar apps do work. Any Ideas?
PCMedic67

Re: Not Getting Notifications

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi there,
Have you disabled notifications for the standard calendar app? If so you will need to reenable, myCal currently expects that all notifications come through the standard calendar app, as that is where it stores all events.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby PCMedic67 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:41 pm

OK now the notification comes up for the Standard iPhone Calendar app and takes me to the standard app when I click it. No notification from myCalPRO and it doesn't take me to myCalPRO when I click it. Looks like in the forum threads that this is known and a fix is coming? But what If I want the notification to come up for both in the screen so I can choose which calendar app to go to?
PCMedic67

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Correct, it is on my todo list to have the option for myCal to provide the notifications. If you enable the option, you'll need to disable the standard calendar notifications, otherwise you'll get 2 popup windows appearing (I think).
I dont think its possible to have a choice of which calendar app you want to view the event in though. Sounds like a good idea though! When I start working on the notification side I'll take that into consideration, see if its possible.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]