Error msg: must create a writable calendar. [RESOLVED]

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Error msg: must create a writable calendar. [RESOLVED]

Postby mozartsghost » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello- I hope you can help.
I love this calendar app!! However-
All of my calendars have disappeared except for the birthdays from my contacts list. When I try to enter an event, an error message keeps popping up saying I need to create a writable calendar and gives me a link to support. I noticed a 'fixed' issue with another member that had the same problem with missing calendars and I checked my toolbar and my 'all emails' was/is ticked. But I haven't found an answer to fix my 'create writable calendar' issue.
Please, I hope there's a fairly simple solution. :-)
Sincerely,
Donelle -in Idaho, USA
mozartsghost

Re: Error msg: must create a writable calendar.

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Donelle,
I have heard of an issue where some users upgraded to iOS7 or to a new device and restored a backup, but the restore hadn't worked correctly leading to the broken calendars issue you describe. This issue also exists in the native calendar app as well, unfortunately.

Sometimes this can be resolved by checking and reentering your iCloud credentials in the Settings app. Sometimes you need to try to restore the phone again manually.

Can you tap the Info icon in the toolbar and then tap 'Email log data to support'? I'll take a look and see if there is anything there to point us in the right direction.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Re: Error msg: must create a writable calendar.

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Donelle,
Can you try rebooting your phone, I have heard of other users having a similar issues with the default app like this, and the reboot resolved it.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Re: Error msg: must create a writable calendar. [RESOLVED]

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 pm

For anyone reading this thread in the future and having the same issue, Donelle has informed me that the reboot did the trick. :)
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]