iPad app not updating iphone app [RESOLVED w/tmp workaround]

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

iPad app not updating iphone app [RESOLVED w/tmp workaround]

Postby Kathywright » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi there
I am sorry if this has been answered but I can't find a topic to cover it
I have just had new ipad and if I update mycal pro on IPHONE it does update the iPad version but not the other way round. I can't get new entries I have out on iPad version to show on iPhone
Regards Kathy
Kathywright

Re: iPad app not updating iphone app

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Kathy,
It sounds like your iCloud isn't working quite right. Here are a few things to try.
Log into iCloud.com on your PC or Mac and add an event. Does it appear on both devices? Check in the standard calendar app as well
Add an event on each of your devices using the standard calendar app, give them unique names. Do they both appear on iCloud.com?

This should help pinpoint where the issue is. It might be that you need to revalidate your iCloud credentials on one of your devices.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Kathywright » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:03 am

I'll try and let you know - thanks
Kathywright

Postby Kathywright » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 am

Hi john
Thanks for your help - I am not very techno savvy but have checked my settings to ensure they are the same on all my devices - not always sure I have ticked the right boxes but here goes.
All calendars on all devices now update each other which is great. The iPhone my cal app is the last to show updates from other devices and it takes about 10 minutes for changes to show. The other devices update immediately. So all in all it seems ok and all calendars show updates.
Not sure if you can shed any light on why there is such a long delay with the iPhone mycal updates

Also would you consider showing the current time on the mycal app - I would find this helpful. Thanks
Kathywright

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 pm

10 minutes is definitely an issue. Can you confirm it also takes 10 minutes for changes to appear in the standard iPhone calendar app? myCal actually just looks at the same data as the calendar app, it doesn't add anything to the iCloud sync process.

With regards to seeing the current time, you have the option to switch the view to fullscreen or not in landscape or portrait. To change this:

• Tap the Settings icon in the toolbar
  • Tap General
  • Toggle the Portrait and Lanscape fullscreen options

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Kathywright » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi john thanks for all your help.
Re the time suggestion I meant a clock to show current time as opposed to times within the calendar.
I often spend some time doing stuff in my calendar and would like a quick glance on screen for a time check

Also I have subscribed to national holidays which works fine on my iPad but not showing on iPhone. - any ideas
Thanks
Kathywright

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Kathy,
Actually the option I described above will show you the current time in a bar across the top of the screen, which think is what you are after.

With regards to the national holidays, did you also subscribe on you iPhone? You'll need to add the national holidays calendar on both devices.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Kathywright » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks John. I did say you were dealing with a techno-idiot!
I can now see the clock I asked for BUT still need some help with uk holidays on my iPhone as I have subscribed but they stil don't show
The display is fine on my iPad
Thanks again
Kathywright

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Hmm thats strange, Ive just double checked the Apple UK holiday calendar and its empty! I'll change the instructions shortly once I find out whats wrong with the Apple subscription. I might be able to change over to a more official calendar. Let me investigate and get back to you.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby HairyJohn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:47 am

Just an update on this, I have found that with iOS7, when you first add the holiday calendar the events don't appear in myCal immediately. To force myCal to reload and show the new calendar you need to do 2 things:

In myCal, tap the Calendar Filter icon (4 horizontal icons)
Ensure the new calendar is ticked, then tap Done
Move to November in the Month View
Tap the 4 red arrows icon (top left)

This will force the calendars to reload. I'll make a change int he next release to automatically detect when a calendar has been added, and force a full reload regardless so the user wont need to.

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Next

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]