Calendar Searching

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Calendar Searching

Postby jajar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:56 pm

I cannot search all events in my calendar. My settings are set to all events. It seems that I need to change the date to a previous time and then I get more events when I search but not all. Also the "Tap to load more" either adds a few more events or it removes events from the search but never get all the events that I searched for on the calendar. What am I doing wrong?

If I use the Apple built in calendar and search I see all the events I searched for.

Jack
jajar

Re: Calendar Searching

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Jack,
No you aren't doing anything wrong, it is actually my poor implementation to be honest. The search is actually looking at a 3 month window, you can go back and forward, but all that does is move that 3 month window and show's you what is in that new window.
I needed to get the List View out but the search within it still needs more work to make it perpetual (e.g. not require the laod more options etc).

My apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby SteveSchley » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:01 pm

I've been using myCal PRO for a few months, having given up on the Apple calendar app. I need a powerful event search feature, and the Apple app doesn't search back through my entire calendar. Your app has a lot of great features I like, but I'm having trouble using the event search tool. I understand it searches my calendar database in 3-month chunks, but the real issue is that it won't present me with a list of just the hits; rather, I have to wade through an entire list, watching for highlighted events. Any chance this might be addressed in a future revision? Or am I doing something wrong?
SteveSchley

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Steve,
You can hide empty days and only show days that contain matches, try the following:
    Tap the Settings icon in the toolbar
    Tap List View
    Set Include Empty Days to OFF

Let me know if that works for you!

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby mc1z » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but has the "Include Empty Days" setting been removed from Eventium? I want to exclude empty days from the search list.

Thanks,

Mark
mc1z

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:05 am

mc1z wrote:Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but has the "Include Empty Days" setting been removed from Eventium? I want to exclude empty days from the search list.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,
The search feature on the list view now no longer includes empty days, are you seeing empty days when using the search feature?

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby mc1z » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Technically, I guess, no... The empty days show up when I open the list and before typing any search characters. I was looking for a way to scan all days that weren't empty but without searching for a specific item.

Thanks again,

Mark
mc1z

Postby HairyJohn » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi Mark,
Unfortunately that option is only available when searching.
I'll have a think about it and see if its something I can do the dev list.

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby mc1z » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Thanks John - I appreciate the help!

Best regards,

Mark
mc1z

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]