myCal not initialising

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

myCal not initialising

Postby coscote » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Since I installed, initially, the free myCal on my iphone 3g (IOS 4.3.3) it has said 'loading...".
The app has been unusable for 2 hours so far.

Is there something that I should be doing to move it on from this state?
coscote

Re: myCal not initialising

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi there!
The minimum hardware version for myCal is now iPhone 3GS and has been for about a year now (Apple's fault!), I'm not sure what version Apple has allowed you to install.

Can you press your Home button and then try to launch myCal again? It should only take a second or less to start the app.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby coscote » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 am

Thanks.
If I try to relaunch it comes up again with 'loading...' and after a few seconds the display fades away and disappears back to the home Home menu.
Is there no hope?
coscote

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 am

Are you definitely using an iPhone 3G?
If so then unfortunately there is nothing I can do, Apple's tools and libraries no longer support hardware that old so I cannot even compile or debug on that hardware. :(
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby coscote » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 pm

My apologies, I have finally established that the Iphone is actually a 3GS - so there is hope.
I keep feeling that there must be some Settings getting in the way, but have found nothing promising yet.
coscote

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Ah good!
Ok are you definitely running the latest version from the AppStore?
If you plugin your iPhone to your PC or Mac and run iTunes, you should be able to click on the device and then look at the apps installed. Click on myCal and you should see a file called startup.log. Please email that to me and I'll see what is going wrong.

Many thanks!
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby coscote » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:53 pm

I have run iTunes and can see the App, but cannot make it show any files in iTunes.
I can see that myCal is version 1.9.7, but it appears that only GoogleEarth is able to 'transfer documents between the the iPhone and the computer' - and then there were no files.

Sorry - we are getting there slowly, but either I am missing something or it is not set up properly.
coscote

Postby HairyJohn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:52 am

No you aren't missing anything, this should just work out of the box on an iPhone 3GS and better, with iOS 4.3 or above. Unfortunately I don't have every device or iOS version, so it is quite possible I have introduced functionality that has broken on older devices. I'll take a look at the myCal startup code to ensure I am checking the versions properly and not running code that requires iOS 5 or higher, for example.
I have been told that I should consider dropping support for iOS 4.3 but I still believe there is an active user-base there.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]