Appointment won't display(save) in Local Calendar?

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Appointment won't display(save) in Local Calendar?

Postby 5502rick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 pm

When I try to add a new appointment in the calendar on my iPhone 5s, and click "done" it does not show up in the calendar? When I change calendar to make it a "Google calendar appointment" It does show up on my phone?
Also, is there a way to sync appointments I make in Outlook on my PC to the mycal Pro?
5502rick

Re: Appointment won't display(save) in Local Calendar?

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 am

Sounds like you might have a calendar filter set. In the toolbar tap the icon with 4 horizontal lines, then make sure All Calendars is ticked.

Regarding syncing with Outlook, since myCal uses the standard calendar to store events you can use existing syncing methods. My recommendation would be to sync Outlook with iCloud, I have a forum post on here with links on how to do this.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby 5502rick » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank you, the filter does seem to be the issue. RESOLVED Is there a default setting to get the calendar to Startup on the current date?
I do not use iCloud for syncing data, as I have had some issues with it. Are there any other options you can recommend? Is this something you will be adding to MCPro?
5502rick

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Which view do you use mostly? myCal currently just remembers the last view and date you were looking at, but I have a change coming soon where the day view will remember if you were looking at the current day (at the time) previously and then show you today's day. Is that what you're looking for?

I wasn't I intending to add any extra syncing options to myCal, but there should be other ways to sync Outlook with your iPhone. I'll do some research and get back to you. Any specific issues with iCloud though?

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby 5502rick » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:56 am

John
Thanks for your note. I mostly use the "Week" view. I need to clarify my sync issue. If I add appointments to the local calendar, then they will automatically sync with iTunes as you previously mentioned. My issue is that I also use a Google calendar along with my wife, and the Google appointments will not sync from my phone to my outlook. Thus when I am on my PC during the day, any appointments I made from my phone that I want my wife to also see(Google) they are not on my PC to plan for as well. I hope that clarifies my issue.

Setting a default alert(s) would also be helpful in settings.

Thank you

Rick
5502rick

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi Rick,
With regards to syncing Google calendars, if you add an event on on your phone on the Google calendar, how long does it take to appear on the Google website calendar? It *should* be fairly quick to sync with the Google servers and if it does, there might be an issue with how Outlook is syncing with Google.

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby 5502rick » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 pm

John

When I add a "google "appointment" on MyCalPro, by selecting that calendar when I add the appointment, Google on the web is update very quickly, but those appointments are not synced with Outlook 2010 plus on my PC? Outlook does not sync with Google calendar.(Is there a way to do this?) The only way to get an appointment on my Outlook calendar on the PC is to add the appointment in MyCalPro to the "local Calendar" which will sync with the PC when I sync the phone. Unfortunately, my wif'e's calendar(Google) is not updated if I do it that way, and she is not able to see my appointments like she can when I add the appointment on MyCalPro to my "Google " calendar. I hope I have explained the problem better this time! Thanks for your patience.
5502rick

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Ah thats clearer now, I think I understand. You want myCal to sync your Google calendar directly with Outlook.

But I think there is a better way. You can setup Outlook to sync directly with Google. Since myCal already syncs directly with Google, you just need to be able to setup Outlook. Ive googled and come up with a few links:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/transfer-calendars-between-outlook-and-google-calendar-HA010167495.aspx#_Toc349292829
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAAOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ablebits.com%2Foffice-addins-blog%2F2013%2F11%2F20%2Fsync-google-calendar-with-outlook%2F&ei=aNfFUomhJsi47AasxoG4Cg&usg=AFQjCNHBxuZWK74r25uA-UXfAVnbgBwPhw&sig2=RmlyoFTj1n1onhSnAcNBOA

It isn't something Ive done before, but this should hopefully help point you in the right direction.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby nlevitin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:13 am

Hi John,

Great program! I also seem to be having difficulty having new items that I create on my calendar showing up on my iphone (it does show up on Google Calendar). I do have the gmail account checked off in settings, so I am somewhat puzzled as to what the problem may be.

Nick
nlevitin

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 am

I don't see a setting in iOS to set how often the account should sync with the server.
If you open the default calendar app do you see the Google events refresh correctly?

Thanks
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Next

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]