Displaying calendars

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Displaying calendars

Postby betsygrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 am

I have a list of calendars for colour coding but only three actually show up when I'm making an entry. How can I get more to choose from? Also some calendars in the list I never use but I can't see how to delete them: they don't appear to have the blue arrowhead alongside. Those that do, I can delete quite easily. Help would be appreciated, please.
betsygrey

Re: Displaying calendars

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi there!
Just to be clear, when you try to add an event only 3 calendars are available to you? If so, those 3 calendars are the only writable calendars you have, the others will be read-only or subscription based calendars.

To remove the other calendars you will need to go into the Settings app (not Settings in myCal)
Then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Then check the Accounts, my guess would be you have a number of extra calendars listed under Subscribed Calendars

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby betsygrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks, John. I don't think I've explained my problem properly. The calendars I'm talking about are not in my general ipad settings but in the MyCal app. I'm attaching screen shots which may show better what's going on - one shows the list of all calendars which I can assign an event to; one shows the 3 available to me when I create an event; one shows the options I'm given when I go to the MycpCal settings panel. I want to ditch some of those in the long list, but make others available when I create an event. Does this make more sense?
Betsy
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.6 KiB) Viewed 8525 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (229.1 KiB) Viewed 8525 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (167.99 KiB) Viewed 8525 times
betsygrey

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 am

Hi there!
Sorry I missed your message, I see what the issue is. :)
The 3 calendars displayed are the 3 previously used and is a quick selection list only. To see the full list of available calendars tap the Calendar field above the 3 calendars already listed, you will be then shown all writable calendars to choose from.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]