When using invitee, event is automatically cancelled!

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

When using invitee, event is automatically cancelled!

Postby 5502rick » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 pm

John:

Both my wife and I are using a Google calendar, and each has permissions on the other in Google. When I add an event in MCPro, and "Modify Invitee", then add her email, she does get an email, but if the invite isn't answered right away, or even when it is answered "Yes" several hours later, MCPro has already cancelled the event on my calendar(Owner of the event), and sent her an email saying the event has been cancelled?
5502rick

Re: When using invitee, event is automatically cancelled!

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 am

Hi Rick,
Not sure what is causing the event to cancel, but myCal cannot do it unless you specifically delete the event yourself. You can test this my adding the same event in the default calendar app (myCal stores events in the default calendar app database, which is how all the syncing and iCloud, Gmail etc support works).

My guess off the top of my head would be an issue with the Google calendar itself, I would be surprised if the Google integration with iOS would cause this.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:04 am

Just a thought, is it a repeating event that you are adding invitees to, and then do you move or edit an instance of that repeating event?
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby 5502rick » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 am

John
Is MCPro dependent on the Mail or Cal settings in the iOS settings? If so, I may have figured it out. I recently turned off the iOS default mail app in settings, and left only the Cakendar as "on". I will turn the Mail "on" in settings for Mail, etc, and try that, but I'll bet that is the problem? I have been testing a new mail App "Dispatch". I have asked them to support your calendar in their App to schedule. Are you familiar with Dispatch?
5502rick

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Rick,
myCal PRO is not reliant on the email settings, but is very much dependent on the iOS calendar settings. You can think of myCal PRO and a much improved interface to the same underlying calendar app.
Not heard of Dispatch, I'll take a look!

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby 5502rick » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:34 pm

John:

Thanks for the note. I will do some more testing. In settings/mail,c,c/New Invite alert is on/default calendar is my Google email address for calendar. I'll let you know what I find out, when I turn off the "mail" button under "accounts". Calendar is "on" for this Google account, but mail, contacts, notes are OFF.
5502rick

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]