Auto update not working

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Auto update not working

Postby blybrook_2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:57 pm

First, the device information: Jailbroken iOS 8.4 with myCal PRO version 1.9.33.410.

I am having an update / synchronization issue that has been persistent for a while now. Figured it best to get it identified and notify you folks about the situation as you may have an easy fix. This issue has occurred when operating in a non-jailbroken environment as well.

Here are the details:

If I create an event on my work calendar through outlook (exchange account), I have to manually start the default calendar for the items to sync and load OR I have to have myCal open in the background and go check my email accounts. Then things usually sync properly; 99% of the time.

If I create an event on my home / personal calendar through the online iCloud app, nothing will show up on my device until I manually start the stock / default calendar and allow it to sync. I let myCal sit for 45 minutes after updating iCloud before performing the sync manually.

If I create an event on my device through myCal PRO, it usually shows up on both the outlook and iCloud calendars nearly immediately.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any change in the processes. If I need to create a log and email it in, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, this is my go-to calendar and love how it's been working over the years!
blybrook_2

Re: Auto update not working

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:14 am

Hi there, thank you for the kind words!
Ok so it sounds like you have multiple calendar sources, iCloud (which supports push), and Outlook (which unfortunately is fetch).

iCloud should update almost instantly, and you can check your device settings are correct by doing the following:
  • Go into the Settings app (not settings in myCal)
  • Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  • Tap Fetch New Data
  • Push should be ON
  • Tap iCloud, ensure Push is ticked
  • Also in the Fetch New Data page, tap the Outlook calendar and make sure it is set to Fetch
  • At the bottom of the Fetch New Data page, set a Fetch value other than Manually

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby blybrook_2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:40 pm

John,

Thank you very much. I checked the settings and low & behold; the settings were incorrect. I have revised the settings accordingly and now things are updating the way they should.

Thank you again.

Bill
blybrook_2

Postby HairyJohn » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:47 am

Hi Bill,
Great news, glad you got it sorted out.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]