Pinch to zoom font in Month view not working

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

Re: Pinch to zoom font in Month view not working

Postby Zoogaloo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi John. Checking back in on this feature as I still don't see it in the app. Do you have any rough idea of when it might return? It's extremely handy - to me at least!

Regards
SillyUsernameThatIRegret
Zoogaloo

Postby Zoogaloo » Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 pm

PLEASE bring back pinch to zoom. It will really help on smaller screens with seeing larger event titles.

Z
Zoogaloo

Postby Zoogaloo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Still waiting patiently for this feature to return. Any ETA?

--Z
Zoogaloo

Postby Zoogaloo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:13 pm

So there have been multiple new releases of MyCal following my request and I still do not see that pinch to zoom has returned. Has this feature been completely abandoned? It was literally the best thing about the app for me. If it's gone forever then I'm going to have to see if I can find something else that allows me to have on-demand font resizing in a monthly view. Google Calendar does it but only in the daily or seven-day view - not optimal.

Cheers and please let me know.
Zoogaloo

Postby HairyJohn » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi Z,
This has been a long time coming, but I have just released a version that supports pinch zoom support in the month views. The horizontal month views suffer the same issues as previously, were when pinching or zooming across multiple weeks it can detect that as a scroll up or down in each. The vertical month view doesn't suffer that issue thankfully.
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Zoogaloo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 am

HairyJohn wrote:Hi Z,
This has been a long time coming, but I have just released a version that supports pinch zoom support in the month views. The horizontal month views suffer the same issues as previously, were when pinching or zooming across multiple weeks it can detect that as a scroll up or down in each. The vertical month view doesn't suffer that issue thankfully.

THANK YOU for reincluding this option! I had almost forgotten how useful it is, especially now that old age is messing with my eyesight.

Z
Zoogaloo

Postby Zoogaloo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi John.

Pinch to zoom is not working again. I'm not sure which version it disappeared in, but I have 4.0.4.7794 and it doesn't seem to function anymore. Please return the feature, it's very useful when you have events with larger names.

Cheers
Z
Zoogaloo

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:50 pm

I have implemented a better solution for this, long tap the Settings icon when on the month view, you can then use the event font slider to dynamically update the size. It is more reliable than the pinch to zoom method previously available.
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Zoogaloo » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:57 pm

HairyJohn wrote:I have implemented a better solution for this, long tap the Settings icon when on the month view, you can then use the event font slider to dynamically update the size. It is more reliable than the pinch to zoom method previously available.

Ok, that works. Thank you sir!

Z
Zoogaloo

Previous

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]