CRASHING

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

CRASHING

Postby wombat141277 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Just downloaded this app yesterday and have been playing around with the settings etc. When I click on the icon at the top with horizontal lines (possibly list view?) the app crashes. When I reopen it asks if I want to send an error report but when I click yes the app crashes again. Any ideas?
wombat141277

Re: CRASHING

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi there Wombat and welcome to the forum!

The icon with horizontal lines is the calendar filter, you can switch off the calendars you don't want to see.

When myCal PRO detects a crash on the previous run it asks if it can send an email, just as you are seeing. When you tap Yes it should open an email dialog. Can you confirm that you have an email account configured? Even if you dont the app shouldn't crash so something else might be going on.

Can you go into the Info button (top right), and click on Email log to support. That will also try to send an email.

Feel free to email me directly on support [at] johnhair [dot] com, we can try a few things out.

Cheers
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby wombat141277 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Have managed to email crash report but still crashes when I try and access the calendar View?
wombat141277

Postby HairyJohn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:15 pm

I believe the crash in the calendar filter is a bug that I have fixed locally (for some reason iOS is listing a calendar without a colour and myCal expects one).

I haven't received the crash email though. Can you go into your email and look in the sent email folder, is the email there?

If you can get it to crash again, start the app, say Yes to the email crash report dialog, and then copy the contents of the email and email me directly, that would be fantastic. I'll verify if its the same issue, and if not, I'll fix it!

In the mean time if you are interested I could add you to my list of beta testers. That way I can send you the updated version to you this evening. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby HairyJohn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Wombat!
Thank you for your help on tracking this down, for anyone else reading this the problem has been resolved and the fix for myCal PRO is now available on the Apple AppStore.

Thanks
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]