MyCal opens blank and then crashes after 1 second

Post your iOS specific myCal PRO questions here

MyCal opens blank and then crashes after 1 second

Postby Chilovyek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:16 pm

I have zero clue how I would recover all the vital info that I have on this calendar. I have been using it for years and years now. I rely heavily on it. I opened the app today and it only opens for a split second to I believe the current month and it’s blank. I am afraid to delete the app and reinstall for fear of losing all my info if it is indeed still there. There is no option to update so I assume if there was an update, it did so automatically. I cannot stress enough how important the info is. I used it for everything. Please help.

Distressed,
Michael
Chilovyek

Re: MyCal opens blank and then crashes after 1 second

Postby HairyJohn » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi Michael,
I’m sorry to hear that, when it crashes and you start the app again, does it give you the option to send a crash email?

In the mean time, all your events should still be available in the native calendar on the device, that’s where myCal reads and writes to.

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Chilovyek » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 am

Hello,
Thank you for responding to my question. It does not give me any options whatsoever. It opens to a blank calendar and the app completely closes with in a second. Since I posted my question, an update became available but did nothing at all for my problem. It still crashes.

Thank you for your time
Chilovyek

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 am

Can you try deleting the app and reinstalling?
As I mentioned, the events are stored in the internal iOS calendar so deleting myCal won't delete your events.

Thanks
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Return to myCal PRO Support [iOS]