Location - Clickable Map within App

Location - Clickable Map within App

Postby jlatnyc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Good morning, just supported your efforts by purchasing MyCal 2. Your app looks very good and polished. However, I do have some recommendations.
1. There is no way to add a "REAL" Location and a Map to show and where the user to click from within the event that will launch the Maps app.
2. I came from Android (my last iPhone was a 3GS) and there is an app called SOL Calendar. They make a few productivity apps for Android and they're very useful, however my go to app was their Calendar App. In my opinion the best I've used. Very intuitive to copy events. You were able to add icons to invidual events (not paste icons like aCal <Awesome Calendar> has on iOS, but rather on the event itself. That feature was very cool and useful.
jlatnyc

Re: Location - Clickable Map within App

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi there,
Thank you for purchasing my app and for the kind words! Much appreciated.
1. The location text field can contain pretty much any text to describe an address or location. But, when you long tap on an event with a location set from any of the views (month view for example) you have the option to see that location in the Maps app (or in Google Maps if its installed).
2. I am looking at a few options here, at the moment you can tag an event with a colour, or mark it as completed (either with a tick or strike through). I am looking to extend that in the near future...

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby jlatnyc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for the Quick reply.
OK. Tested the location feature, however not as straight forward as other apps open the map and you can choose a location without a physical address and the map opens as well when you tap event details.

Thanks
JL
jlatnyc

Postby HairyJohn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:05 pm

I was thinking of adding a button at the end of the Location field to open Maps to *show* the location (as the long tap option does), are you saying you want to be able to *set* the location based on where the user selects within Maps? Now that is an intriguing idea...
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby jlatnyc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:39 pm

HairyJohn wrote:I was thinking of adding a button at the end of the Location field to open Maps to *show* the location (as the long tap option does), are you saying you want to be able to *set* the location based on where the user selects within Maps? Now that is an intriguing idea...

You're other app, MyCal seems to have the functionality I suggest, it has a location pin that would bring the map up and on the screenshot it shows a birthday cake for a birthday event. I can't test these because I have the free version.

Thanks
jlatnyc

Postby HairyJohn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 am

You are referring to 2 different aspects, the location pin and a birthday cake icon.
The location pin in myCal is available within the Edit Event page to show the location of an event. You can do that in eventium without having to edit the event in the first place, but I intend to add the option within the Edit Event option as well to avoid confusion.

The birthday cake is just an emoji to signify a contacts birthday in myCal. in eventium, birthdays are denoted with a wrapped present emoji.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby Unseen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am

John,

first let me say that I really like your app (myCal2). I believe that I have red all the threads on the location options within the event window. Didn't know that I could long tap to open the location in Maps. I am still unsure how to open it within Google Maps which is installed on my iOS device. Might I suggest, if it is possible, a feature similar to the native calendar app, that when you are creating a new event that when you go to select the location that it offers up ability to set current location, commonly or recently used locations, or searches locations based on the information that you start to input. This is one of the features in the native app that I think works very well and would be very helpful in your much superior product. Apologies if this has already been suggested and if I am just unaware.

Many thanks

Seán
Unseen

Return to Support [iOS]