Color code events

Color code events

Postby Dbrb1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm wondering if there is a way to color code the different events like doctor appointments, birthdays etc. thanks in advance.
Dbrb1

Re: Color code events

Postby HairyJohn » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi there,
Yes, you can colour code events just like the screenshots on the AppStore.

There are 2 ways you can do this:
1 The preferred way, you create new calendars within the app and assign the calendar a colour. Then, when you add out edit an event you select that calendar. I personally have Home, Work, Sports, Friends, Holidays etc as specific calendars, each with its own unique colour.

2 Alternatively you can tap Event Color when you are adding or editing an event. It defaults to Calendar Color (so that option 1 above applies), but this option will display a colour picker to allow you make a different selection.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards
John
⭐ NEW ⭐ Eventium 4 Is now available! Take a look on the AppStore now!
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby SusanC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi, I have been trying to use this for colour coding and worked for home and work as the standard colours. But I added a new calendar with the colour green, if I add an event with this calendar it does not show up on the calendar. I need to manually change the event color to green aswell. Is there something I have not setup properly.
Thanks in anticipiation
SusanC

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi Susan,
My bet is you have a calendar filter set? Do you see the icon in the toolbar that looks like a drawer? Tap that, and make sure All Calendars is ticked.

Regards
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby SusanC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 pm

I have not got the filter set, all calendars are showing.

If I change an event to a different calendar it will disapear from the view even without filters. But I have just checked and if I add an event of the new calendar type from the day view. When I click on Done I go tot he day view with a blank line which shows there is an event but it is not visible unless I change the event color, the calendar selection is not enough.
SusanC

Postby HairyJohn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm

That sounds really strange, can you email me a screenshot? eventium.support @ johnhair.com (remove the spaces from the email address obviously).
Edit the event and send a screenshot pls, and then another screenshot of the how the event shows in the day view.

Thanks
John
HairyJohn
Site Admin

Postby SusanC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 pm

I have sent the email from my phone with screenshots to explain better.
SusanC

Return to Support [iOS]